- Next meeting of the full Roundtable: Feb. 7, 2019, from 12:00-3:00 pm at the California Endowment, 1414 K Street, Suite 500, Sacramento CA.
- Roundtable's Child Welfare Subcommittee:
- Agendas / Handouts
Background / General Information
The Children's Advocates Roundtable,
established in 1990, is an affiliation of over 200 statewide
and regional children's policy organizations, representing
over twenty issue disciplines (e.g., child
abuse prevention, child care, education, poverty, housing,
juvenile justice). The Roundtable is convened
by the Children's Advocacy Institute, and is committed
to providing a setting where statewide and locally-based
children's advocates gather with advocates from other
children's issue disciplines to share resources, information,
and knowledge, and strategize on behalf of children;
an opportunity to educate each other about the variety
of issues and legislation that affect children and youth
— facilitating prioritization of issues and minimizing
infighting over limited state resources historically
budgeted for children's programs; an opportunity to
collaborate on joint projects that promote the interests
of children and families; and a setting to foster a
children's political movement, committed to ensuring
that every child in California is economically secure,
gets a good education, has access to health care, and
lives in a safe environment.
The full Children's Advocates Roundtable meets quarterly. The date of the next full Roundtable is Feb. 7, 2019.
Each Roundtable consists of
- Detailed discussions of emerging areas of significance for children's advocates.
- Discussions of timely matters important to all children's advocates, such as the budget, elections, or "inside the horseshoe" information.
- An opportunity for Roundtable members to discuss their legislative and advocacy priorities, and seek support and assistance from other members.
For more information on the Roundtable, or to sign up for our email list, please contact CAI's Melanie Delgado at (619) 260-4806.
DETAILS ON THE NEXT ROUNDTABLE:
Date: Feb. 7, 2019
Time: 12:00 - 3:00 pm
AGENDA COMING SOON!
We look forward to hearing from these speakers and organizations and having an interesting discussion about important issues that impact California’s children and youth. Lunch will be provided.
1414 K Street, Suite 500
Call In Information:
Call in number: (866) 422-9305
Participant Code #: 1972357656
For a map of parking lots in the downtown Sacramento
area, please click here.
Information on the Roundtable's Child Welfare Subcommittee:
- The Roundtable's Child Welfare Subcommittee meets monthly to discuss and strategize on issues concerning child abuse prevention, child protection, foster care, the dependency court process, etc.
- For more information about the Roundtable's Child Welfare Subcommittee, please contact Susanna Kniffen at Children Now.
Return to top
Agendas and Meeting Materials
|Feb. 7, 2019
||Agenda coming soon
|Nov. 30, 2018
New Child Welfare Laws: 2018 Policy Reforms (Alliance for Children's Rights)
California Target Book (Darry A. Sragow)
Kids Count Data Book
Pain in the Nation
Building Community Resilience: Toolkit Series Volume I
Pair of Aces
|Aug. 30, 2018
Reimaging Behavioral Health for California's Children (LA Partnership for Early Childhood Investment)
Healthy Mind, Healthy Future (The Children's Partnership)
|May 3, 2018
AB 2066 (Stone and Gomez Reyes): Sample Support Letter
AB 2066 (Stone and Gomez Reyes): Fact Sheet
SB 982 (Mitchell): Fact Sheet
SB 982 (Mitchell): Sample Support Letter
Children's Health Coalition Budget Letter
Women Infant Child (WIC) Express Lane Eligibility (ELE) to Medi-Cal for Children
March 21, 2018
Nov. 30, 2017
Sept. 21, 2017
Struggling to Survive: LGBTQ+ Youth on the Streets of California
Shahera Hyatt, Dir. CA Homeless Youth Project
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Questioning, and/or Gender Nonconforming and Transgender
Girls and Boys in the California Juvenile Justice System: A Practice Guide
Angela Irvine, Shannan Wilber, Aisha Canfield
Published by Impact Justice / National Center for Lesbian Rights
Sexual & Gender Minority Youth in Los Angeles Foster Care
Bianca D.M. Wilson, Khush Cooper, Angeliki Kastanis, Sheila Nezhad
The Williams Insitute
June 8, 2017
Dec. 15, 2016
Archived Meeting Materials
Return to top